Disclaimer – Links included on this page might be affiliate links. If you purchase a product with the links that we provide we may receive a small commission but there is no additional charge to you! Thank you for supporting Badminton Insight!
We love the massage gun and it is something that we would highly recommend to anyone! Below we have listed the benefits of using this device, and where you can buy it from!
We both love using our massage gun daily, both before and after training and competition. Some of the main benefits we’ve found from using the massage gun:
- Improves our recovery and muscle repair
- Relieves any muscle stiffness and spasms
- Helps with muscle fatigue, pain, tightness, soreness and knots
- Improves lactic acid clearance
- Activates the nervous system and muscles
🔗 Buy on Amazon: https://amzn.to/2CpqLe5
A set of therabands is something we’ve both had in our badminton bags for as long as we can remember. There are so many different exercises you can do with these, from helping you warm up to improving your strength.
One of the most common uses for our therabands is for shoulder strengthening, and we’ve done a video looking at some different exercises you can do with a theraband here.
🔗 Buy here on Amazon: https://amzn.to/39EbaUZ
As we mentioned in our “Day In The Life Vlog”, skipping is great for badminton players. We’ve now incorporated skipping into our weekly training routine, and this is the skipping rope that we use:
Over the years we have both been through a trial-and-error process with our nutrition and also with the supplements that we take.
We believe have now found what works for us as individuals! Below are supplements we take in addition to our daily diets:
- Creatine is a substance that’s found naturally in muscle cells
- During high-intensity exercise (such as badminton), it helps your muscles produce energy – this enhances muscle growth and explosive strength!
- For these reasons, it is very popular amongst Olympic athletes – it is estimated that over 80% of summer Olympic athletes take Creatine as a supplement
Recommended Use: 5g daily, shortly before or after a session. This is for a 6-8 week cycle, then 1 week off.